Sewer Standards and Regulations
Sewer standards and use regulations are outlined in the publications described below. These publications are available in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format on this site.
Sewer Use Ordinances
These ordinances regulate the use of public and private sewers and drains, the installation and connection of building sewers, the installation of sewer laterals, and public sewer main extensions. They also provide the fee structure for the installation and connection of sanitary sewers, regulate the discharge of waters and wastes into the public sewer systems, and provide penalties for the violations of any of these provisions.
- Sewer Ordinance #70 (revised August 2022)
- Sewer Ordinance #75 (revisions to Ordinance #70, adopted June 1993)
- Sewer Ordinance #78 (revisions to Ordinance #70, adopted February 1994)
- Sewer Ordinance #101 (revisions to Ordinance #70, adopted June 2004)
- Sewer Ordinance #115 (revisions to Ordinance #70, adopted June 2004, revised September 2015)
- Sewer Ordinance #119 (revisions to Ordinance #70, adopted May 2016)
- Sewer Ordinance #124 (revisions to Ordinance #70, adopted August 2022)
Annual fees for sewer services and related work
- Sewer Ordinance #111 (101K pdf)
This ordinance describes the methods the annual sewer service fees are calculated for residential, commercial and non-residential units. It also lists the sewer service fees for the fiscal years 2007-2008 through 2009-2010.
- Sewer Ordinance #120 (548K pdf)
This ordinance modifies Ordinance No. 111 and lists sewer service charges for FY 2016-17 through 2020-21.
- Sewer Ordinance #123
(Temporarily in abeyance, see Board Resolution #3169.) An Ordinance of the Novato Sanitary District modifying Ordinance No. 111 and establishing sewer service charges for fiscal years 2022-23, 2023-24, 2024-25, 2025-26, and 2026-27.
Side Sewer Requirements
- Overview of Side Sewer Requirements (35K pdf)
All side sewers within the Novato Sanitary District must conform to the District's Standard Specifications and Sanitary Code, copies of which are available from the District office. This document provides an overview of the side sewer requirements.
Standards and Specs
- Standard Plans and Specs (2M pdf)
Standard Specs Addendum #1 (228K pdf)
Standard Specs Addendum #2 (12K pdf)
Our Standard Specifications comes in three parts: the original plans and specs and two addendums. A hard copy of the full Standard Specs including these addendums, can be purchased from the office. The addendums include updates to the original specifications.