How Businesses Can Help Prevent Pollution
Pollution Prevention for Businesses
All businesses can help reduce air and water pollution by recycling their fluorescent lamps, office paper, and cardboard. More specific pollution prevention practices for particular businesses are available from the Novato Sanitary District Pollution Prevention Specialist.
- Small Business Hotline. If you are a small business that generates hazardous waste and you want information about how to dispose of it properly call (415) 892-6395.
- Also check out the Business hazardous waste collection program brochure
- Mercury Collection – Ongoing programs are conducted to encourage and facilitate the collection of batteries and fluorescent tubes. Upcoming programs will focus on additional efforts to collect products containing mercury.
- Copper Outreach – Steps are taken to identify sources of copper pollution, including school audits and presentations, to provide public education about pool and spa chemicals and to facilitate e-waste collection.
- More information regarding specific waste minimization practices is available on the California State Agency's website: